This very simple sauce is based on a cheese fondue.
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 150 ml whipping or double cream
- 100 g strong cheese –gruyere, taleggio, fontina or mature cheddar, cut in small cubes
- 3 cloves of black garlic, sliced
- chopped chives (optional)
- Place the butter and cream in a saucepan and heat gently.
- Once hot, gradually whisk in the cheese cubes until melted.
- Add the black garlic and check the seasoning – may not need salt because of the cheese.
- Add the chopped chives if using.
Use this as a dip for vegetables, like asparagus or poured over cooked cauliflower or broccoli, courgettes or fennel.