Baked Sweet potato wedges with Black Garlic Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 whole sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil (avocado oil, grapeseed oil.. – any oil with a smoke point over 220C/425F)
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (or cumin)
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Black Garlic Dipping Sauce
- 100g creme fraiche (or coconut cream for vegans and 2 tablespoons of water or coconut water)
- 3 teaspoons Balsajo Black Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Scrub the sweet potato clean and slice it into triangular, chunky chips size wedges. Cover with cold water and let sit for at least an hour. The longer the better.
- Preheat oven to 220C (428F) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Drain and pat dry the sweet potato wedges as much as possible.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, cornflour, coriander, cayenne, paprika and thyme leaves until smooth. Massage this paste into the sweet potato wedges and then arrange them in one layer on the lined baking tray, skin side down, leaving plenty of space in between the wedges.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Carefully, open the oven door briefly to let the steam out. Close the oven door and bake for further 20-30 minutes. Note that the baking time may differ depending on the size of your potato wedges.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix all black garlic dipping sauce ingredients with a hand whisk until well combined.
- Serve straight away.
Flipping the potato wedges is not that necessary, but opening the oven to let some steam out is. Be careful when you do that not to be burned by the steam rushing out.
This recipe was created by Justyna Serwach of Garlic Matters find more recipes over on her blog.