Justyna from Garlic Matters shares with us this sweet recipe for Black Garlic Truffles.
- 220g of bittersweet or dark chocolate (high quality, 60% cacao or higher), well chopped into small pieces. I like to use Lindt or Bourneville.
- 110ml of heavy whipping cream
- 4-5 black garlic cloves
- Cocoa powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Finely chopped nuts
- Finely chopped almonds
1. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a simmer. (Stir and scrape down the sides with a spatula every few minutes) Add mashed black garlic cloves and whisk gently on a very low heat until garlic almost completely dissolves into cream.
2. Place the chocolate in a separate bowl. Little by little pour the black garlic cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
3. Allow to cool, the refrigerate for two hours.
4. Use a teaspoon to roll out balls of the ganache. Roll in your hands quickly and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You’ll find that the ganache will melt from the heat of your hands – when this happens dry your hands with kitchen paper as necessary and continue.
5. Place the shaped truffles in the refrigerator overnight. The following day roll in the coating of your choice.
6. Store refrigerated and consume within a week.