BBQ Pork with Black Garlic Honey Marinade Sauce is super easy to put together, tastes divine and ticks all the ‘finger-licking BBQ dish’ boxes. With hints of sweet and savoury this clever dish defines modern BBQ feast idea. It also offers fantastic, earthy umami & feel-good barbecue flavours.
- 4 pork chops, one inch thick
- 8 pork ribs
- Salt & pepper
- 8 Balsajo Black Garlic Cloves, minced (push them through a very fine sieve) or 6 teaspoons of Balsajo Black Garlic Paste
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 25ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- Combine all marinade ingredients together with a hand whisk or in a food processor, making sure that the coffee granules have completely dissolved. Coat the pork pieces in the marinade mixture and leave covered to infuse for 3-4 hours or overnight in your refrigerator.
- Preheat a barbecue to 250C (482F). Season your pork pieces literally with salt and pepper and barbecue with a barbecue lid down for about 25 minutes at a temperature no lower than 200C (392F), turning the meat now and again.
Prep time does not include marinating time (4h or overnight).