With Christmas well and truly upon us, we have been working hard to bring Balsajo Black Garlic into your homes for those extra special dishes.
Thanks to the help of Justyna at Garlic Matters we have some absolutely mouthwatering dishes that you can enjoy all year round.
The beauty of Balsajo is that absolutely anyone can cook with it and add amazing flavour.
You have seen us join Justyna’s campaign to get real gravy on the table and ditch the gravy granules so if you want to be in with a chance of winning some Balsajo goodies then visit our social channels to find out more.
Our latest recipe created exclusively for us by Justyna is Easy Sourdough Stuffing. Thicker in texture compared with standard bread based stuffing this is a real treat and perfect to serve up on Christmas Day for a real festive flair to your dish.
- 150g/5oz celery sticks (about 2-3 sticks), diced
- 2 lbs yellow onions, chopped
- 1 splash of olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons (3/4 teaspoon dry) fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (1 teaspoon dry) fresh sage
- 500g sourdough bread (about 6 cups when diced), diced
- 200g + 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 – 2.5 cups (400 – 500ml) turkey or chicken stock, or mixture
- 100g pecans or walnuts
- ⅓ cup (50g) dried cranberries
- 75g Balsajo Black Garlic cloves
- Chopped mushrooms &/or apples
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a deep and wide saucepan, slowly caramelize onions and celery in a splash of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter, until soft and slightly browned – about 15 minutes. When done turn the heat off and reserve.
- Meanwhile, spread nuts in a small baking tray in a single layer. In a second, large baking tray spread diced sourdough in a single layer if possible. Place both trays in oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove both trays out of the oven. Nuts are now toasted and you can reserve them for later.
- Stir sourdough croutons and return the tray back to the oven for further 10 minutes.
- When done mix sourdough croutons with onions and celery, herbs and pour the stock in.
- Chop nuts, cranberries and black garlic cloves and add them to the mix above.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Butter large baking tray and pour your sourdough stuffing mix in. Spread slices of butter all over and bake for 40 min.